Friday, November 9, 2012

Great book!!

Days After I Buy This Drinking Strangers Lessons Teenage Bullet

Drinking Strangers Lessons Teenage Bullet

Butch Walker is a multi-talented musician with a long history of reaching the fringe of making it big time ala Kiss, Bon Jovi, etc., etc. I have read many books by and about famous musicians that mostly showed how egotistical they all were. Most came across as being self absorbed jerks spoiled by their success and fame. Butch's book comes across differently. It is a humorous look at the music business through his eyes and variety of experiences. Butch did experience more success than most aspiring rock musicians, but his mark in the business and good fortune finally came to him as a producer. I was and still am a fan of his music after this read. I am also a fan of Butch Walker, the person, after reading Drinking With Strangers. Learning about his life and the music business through his humble point of view was refreshing.

Get your Drinking Strangers Lessons Teenage Bullet Now!

6 comments:

  1. I saw Butch on Live at Daryl's house. Daryl said he'd read the book and it was good.
    So I ordered it. Butch gives what seems to be an honest account of his
    music world and life experiences. It's interestingly written and worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He writes himself off as narcissistic, but he couldn't be more wrong. This book is a pure, unadulterated, real rock and roll straight from the mouth of one of the best singer/songwriter/producer/badass artists left on this earth. 5 out of 5. You rock, Butch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butch Walker is a multi-talented musician with a long history of reaching the fringe of making it big time ala Kiss, Bon Jovi, etc., etc. I have read many books by and about famous musicians that mostly showed how egotistical they all were. Most came across as being self absorbed jerks spoiled by their success and fame. Butch's book comes across differently. It is a humorous look at the music business through his eyes and variety of experiences. Butch did experience more success than most aspiring rock musicians, but his mark in the business and good fortune finally came to him as a producer. I was and still am a fan of his music after this read. I am also a fan of Butch Walker, the person, after reading Drinking With Strangers. Learning about his life and the music business through his humble point of view was refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God, for the Kindle. I just read Butch Walker's book in one sitting. Butch candidly tells of his life, inspirations and trials in his own voice. He really pours his heart and soul into this book, just like he does with his music. I feel that I understand and connect better to his albums from the Marvelous 3 days to present. The book was so easy to read, I could't put it down.

    My husband (a professional musician) started reading this. He said he could really feel where Butch was coming from.

    This book is a must read for any Butch Walker fan. You will love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I would recommend all his music to anybody that enjoy a great pop song, a beautifully written melody with rock guitar in the background or a wonderful ballad that will make you cry.
    Butch Walker should have more fans because of the music he has helped create and you can learn all about his greatness within this book.
    From his days struggling to get a record deal, to the high moments where he helped write/produce some of the radio hits that most people have come to enjoy.
    I read this book in about 4 days which is lightning fast because I could not put the book down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I was a child I have been a huge rock fan. I am also a big fan of finding out what really happened behind the scenes. This man has truly lived and even though he never "made it" he has the good sense to step back and realize that it all happened the way it was supposed to. He wouldn't be living the life he has now. He is amazingly talented and one of my heroes. Kudos, Butch!

    ReplyDelete