Saturday, November 17, 2012

From a Parkening Master Class (1982)Student and Teacher

Great Deals Of The Christopher Parkening Guitar Method

The Christopher Parkening Guitar Method

The Christopher Parkening Guitar Method, Volume 1, revised 1998, is a comprehensive approach to teaching classical guitar. Written by an accomplished premier classical guitarist, it is not just a collection of exercises and guitar pieces, but includes historical background, basic technique, lots of textual information, photos and a useful appendix of terms. While a few of the photos in the original edition which should have had better lighting are included, this is easily overlooked since many have been added which are of far superior quality. I recommend this text for first time students of classical guitar who will not just learn the rudiments, but beautiful guitar pieces as well. Having said this, there is no substitute for a teacher... don't go it alone!

Get your The Christopher Parkening Guitar Method Now!

8 comments:

  1. Im starting to get into classical guitar but dont know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real classical without tabs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taught myself how to play guitar but I've never played classical; I mainly play rock and metal. Should I get a teacher if I want to learn classical?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Specifically books on exercises, techniques, scales, theory, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do i start with? can someone give me an order of how i should start? example: 1- learn basic chords 2- exercises...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a very serious guitar player, I play classical and flamenco. The thing is I also am very passionate about parkour and I can't keep my long nails while scaling walls and vaulting fences, they will get ruined. Besides, I'm a tomboy. Long nails gross me out. Is there any other way around this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been taking electric guitar lesson for a couple years and started playing classical guitar few months ago . I have no problem with the theory part as it was taught by my electric guitar teacher , but there are still some parts of the classical guitar tabs which I can't play ( I never learn those techniques before ) . Is there any guitar book that ONLY teaches the readers about the classical guitar techniques which I can purchase on Amazon ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey ! i need a good guitar book To learn about classical and maybe electric guitar until my guitar teacher comes back. He didnt recommend any so i have no idea what to get. im at the pretty basics at the moment. i was thinking Guitar all in 1 book for dummies?

    ReplyDelete