Friday, August 31, 2012

Great sound, nice price, but should you buy them?

Days After I Buy This Grado Prestige Series SR125i Headphones

Grado Prestige Series SR125i Headphones

I'm not going to get technical and try to input an "Average Joe" point of view. I think the sound of the SR125s is awesome and I don't think you can find another brand that sounds better under $150. That being said, I would really give these cans a 4 1/2 star review because of a few minor issues.

-The comfort level on these is almost a dare. They sound so great, but I find that I can't listen to them for more than an hour without starting to get ear pain from the
cheap foam and the way they rest on the ear.
-I know these aren't meant for portability, but they really aren't very portable at all. The foam ear pads keep on falling off at the drop of a hat when traveling.
-I don't know if these are THAT much of an improvement over the SR80s that they warrant costing 50% more.

I think these SR125s are certainly worth the money, but if you don't mind almost as good sound, you can get a better deal with the SR80s. The SR80s also don't need an adapter to use them with portable devices. But these DO sound a little better, so if you don't mind the price difference, buy them. I would also mention the SR225s add about the same level up in sound from the SR125s as going from the SR80s to the SR125s, and only add $50 more. So if you don't mind going $50 up from SR80s to the SR125s, maybe you should look at the SR225s also, because they do sound better. You won't be disappointed with any of the three.

Get your Grado Prestige Series SR125i Headphones Now!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking for over the ear headphones, I am definitely wanting them to be comfortable. But best sound quality is up there too. I listen to all types of music except country and rap. I have a deal where I can get some beats studios for $150 but I hear that they aren't the best headphones, like I'm just paying for the name. So any suggestions? Nothing over $150 though I wouldn't pay more than that for headphones.

    ReplyDelete