Friday, September 21, 2012

great

Great Deals Of Arias Mezzo Soprano Schirmer Opera Anthology

Arias Mezzo Soprano Schirmer Opera Anthology

This book is a must-own for any mezzo-soprano (as are the corresponding volumes for any other voice type.) I daresay this is the anthology standard for aspiring opera stars. I purchased mine when starting college and learned my first aria from it--"Non so piu, cosa son". Ten years later I am still finding pieces that fit my voice as it grows into works by Bizet, Massenet, Donizetti. And I know that I will continue to use it in years to come as I grow into the luscious arias of Dalilah or perhaps Mascagni's Lola.

Having had the opportunity to work with Dr. Robert Larsen, I can say that he is one of the most knowledgeable people in the business about opera and how to get young people started. The translations provided are not poetic--they are accurate, true translations! The plot summaries are brief but helpful, enough to get you started, but short enough to encourage you to do your own work. Larsen notates alternate endings, appogioturi, and other traditional performance notes. I guarantee, if you buy this book, you'll use it until it falls apart. I'm on my second one now.

Get your Arias Mezzo Soprano Schirmer Opera Anthology Now!

1 comment:

  1. I want to be a great sing and my vocal teacher says I'm a matzo soprano. does anyone know any songs that sound good for a matzo soprano to sing?

    ReplyDelete