Thursday, September 13, 2012

Beautiful movie preaches grace and forgiveness

Days After I Buy This Les Miserables HD

Les Miserables HD

After seeing this, my husband remarked, "So...'Les Miserables' refers to EVERYBODY."

I have doubts about the wisdom of adapting successful musicals to the big screen. IMO, the artificiality of the musical form is better suited to the artificiality of the stage. There are exceptions, of course. Les Miserables is one, though I must confess there were a couple of times I found myself wishing for a non-musical version with the same cast. The sheer intensity of the acting carries this movie. Hugh Jackman's Jean Valjean and Anne Hathaway's Fantine are simply stunning. The steely integrity of Russell Crowe's underplayed Javert rings true as he pursues Jean Valjean to uphold the letter of the law. Lesser acting would have made this movie cringe-worthy. As it is, it's a must-see. Tissues required. It's been a long time since I've seen a finale as rousing and awesome as this.

Others can debate the various merits of voices, range, musicality and production values. I'd say see this. It's one of the world's greatest stories.

Get your Les Miserables HD Now!

4 comments:

  1. Where can I download a HD move for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked every were but I can't find it! Help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only recently got the Kindle Fire HD and cannot find any good books. Is there any good recommendations anyone has?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So i just got an iphone 4s and i decided to download les miserables in hd to watch because i have a long flight tomorrow, and so i was able to download but when i go under movies and scroll to les muserables its kind of faded looking. Like the color of the icon to play the movie is a little gray and it wont let me play the movie. Can someone please help me and fast!!!

    ReplyDelete